Palomar Icon™ MaxG IPL Handpiece
A part of the Palomar Icon™ Aesthetic System by Cynosure®, the MaxG IPL uses Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) or “photofacial” therapy, a noninvasive method for repairing and rejuvenating skin texture.
What Makes the Palomar Icon™ Laser Special?
The Palomar Icon™ laser is equipped with a Skintel Melanin Reader. This device reads the levels of melanin in your skin, allowing for accurate skin tone readings to create “custom to you” treatments.
IPL treatment is not recommended for patients with darker skin tones.
The Icon™ MaxG IPL and Photoaging
IPL addresses the effects of exposure (“photoaging”) that affects the parts of the body that receive the most exposure to sunlight: face, hands, neck and chest. The MaxG utilizes focused light energy to safely burn away unwanted blemishes.
Can Treatment with the Icon™ MaxG IPL Help You?
Ideal candidates for IPL include anyone with the following conditions: scars, acne scars, liver or age spots, broken blood vessels, discolored skin, rosacea, spider veins, or stretch marks.
The Icon™ MaxG IPL can produce several different wavelengths of light for precision treatments, addressing and correcting specific skin conditions.
How Does the Cynosure Icon™ MaxG IPL Work?
Harnessing the power of optimized light technology, the Icon™ IPL MaxG focuses a unique combination of light wavelengths through specially designed filters to quickly and painlessly remove aesthetic skin blemishes.
The MaxG IPL treats visible and non-visible sun damage on the surface of the skin.
The IPL Treatment with the Icon™ MaxG
- Prior to applying the Cynosure Icon™ MaxG IPL handpiece, a gel is spread over the area receiving treatment.
- The handpiece is then applied directly to the area being treated, eliminating the chances of damaging the surrounding skin.
- Once the affected areas have absorbed the focused energies of the treatment, natural healing processes take over, resulting in healthy, new layers of skin, free of blemish.
- After treatment, the gel is removed and a cream is spread over the treated area. You can get on with your day without having to deal with bandages or medicinal ointments.
IPL treatment with the MaxG should only last a few minutes. Most times, you’ll need more than one treatment to have the best results. During the treatment, you may experience several sensations, but only for just a few seconds including:
- a cooling sensation at the start of the treatment
- a “rubber band snap” feeling as the treatment takes effect
Over the next few weeks, the treated area will darken and flake off, but you should see immediate improvement in skin texture and continued clearance.
Interested in IPL Treatment with the Icon™ MaxG?
If you think you might be a candidate for Cynosure Icon™ MaxG IPL Treatment, make an appointment at the Spa at Spring Ridge by filling out our online contact form or calling for your free consultation.