Super Food Coconut Oil Benefits
Posted in Mind and Body Health
Organic virgin coconut oil is a highly beneficial ingredient to a healthy diet. There are many health benefits outlined here. Please don’t hesitate to consult one of our staff members at the Spa at Spring Ridge with any additional questions.
- Richest form of saturated fat.
- There was debate about saturated fats being harmful but new data concludes that are completely harmless!
- Populations that consume more coconut in various forms are considered healthier.
- Coconut increases energy due to the medium chain triglycerides in it’s oil. It has been shown to increase 24-hour energy by 5%. The increase in energy can lead to weight loss, long term.
- Roughly 50% of the fatty acids contained in coconut oil are Lauric Acid. Good news is Lauric Acid fights off bacteria and viruses as well.
- Coconut helps curb hunger.
- Cholesterol levels are improved with coconut absorption, which may lower the risk of heart disease.
- Using Coconut oil as a mouthwash can help kill harmful bacteria, improve dental health, and even reduce bad breath by a method called “Oil pulling”.
- Coconut oil can help you lose the dangerous abdominal fat. Try 1 oz of coconut oil a day!
- Heals damaged hair and adds shine!
- Helps dissolve kidney stones.
- Helps treat pancreatitis.
- Coconut oil is soothing and great to massage into the head to relieve stress.
- Helps with digestion and absorption of fat-soluble vitamins.
- Natural SPF of 4
- Can kill topical yeast or infections.
Here are some ways you can get creative to incorporate coconut oil in your life.
- Cook with it.
- Replace your butter.
- Add a tablespoon to your smoothies.
- Add to coffee.
- Add to tea.
- Use as a highlighter for your cheekbones. Put a small amount over makeup.
- Shaving lotion.
- Stretch mark preventer.
- Moisturizer for your body.
- Rub on lips for a natural chap stick.
- Rub on inside of nose to help alleviate allergies.
- Soothe itch in chicken pox or poison ivy.
These are just some of the benefits and ways to take advantage of Coconut oil.